Senator Gillibrand Unveils Agenda to Boost STEM Education While Visiting Wings of Eagles Discovery Center
- Students tell Senator Kirsten Gillibrand about the calculations they need to make in order to track a hurricane while participating in a STEM based simulation at Wings of Eagles Discovery Center.
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand watches students track a hurricane during a STEM based simulation in association with the Challenger Center in Wheeling, WV.
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand talks with students about the STEM based education programs they enjoy at Wings of Eagles Discovery Center.
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand meets Wings of Eagles Discovery Center staff members.
- Mike Hall, President of Wings of Eagles Discovery Center, leads Senator Kirsten Gillibrand to the STEM based Mission Control classroom at Wings of Eagles. — with Kirsten Gillibrand and Mike Hall at Wings of Eagles Discovery Center.
- Horseheads Intermediate School students stand with Senator Kirsten Gillibrand while she speaks about the importance of STEM education to our nation.
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand gives a press conference to unveil new legislation to promote STEM education in women and minorities at a young age.
- Horseheads School District Superintendent Ralph Marino looks on as student Mia Perry tells the audience why she likes to visit Wings of Eagles Discovery Center.
- Wings of Eagles Discovery Center's president Mike Hall speaks at a press conference at Wings of Eagles about the need for more support of STEM education in the Southern Tier.
- Wings of Eagles Discovery Center's Chairman of the Board speaks about the importance of STEM education in our nation's national security efforts.
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand and Wings of Eagles Discovery Center's president, Mike Hall, pose for a photo in front of the Discovery Center's Grumman TBM-3E "Avenger".
On Monday, March 31st, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand visited Wings of Eagles Discovery Center to announce her innovative education agenda encouraging more youths, especially women, to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). The agenda will bolster engineering education programs across New York’s elementary, middle, and high schools and encourage the development of computer science career education programs that meet the market needs of employers. During her visit Gillibrand also toured the Discovery Center and interacted with students from Horseheads Intermediate School who were taking part in Hurricane Alert, a hurricane tracking simulation where 5-8th graders use STEM skills to make recommendations to solve the crisis and take appropriate disaster response steps.
To learn more about the Senator’s visit:
Open to the public:
Tuesday - Saturday
11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
339 Daniel Zenker Drive
Horseheads, NY 14845
Tour our 25,000 sq ft hangar with aircraft on display inside and outside. Experience our collection through static displays, self guided mobile tours and flight simulators. Take home a momento from our Gift Shop to remember your visit and grab a bite to eat at the Wings Cafe. ‹more›