The Piper J-4 Cub Coupe is a two seat, side-by-side version of the Piper J-3. The J-4 was produced by Piper Aircraft between 1938 and 1942 and is Piper’s first model with side-by-side seating. The fuselage of the J-4 is wider than the J-3 and the aircraft has a fully enclosed rear deck to the fuselage top. The seating arrangement combined with its docile low-speed handling, makes it a good training aircraft. The J-4 remained an excellent selling product for Piper until December 1941 when all civilian aircraft manufacture came to a stop when the United States entered into World War II.