- Grade Levels: 5-8 or 9-12
- Length: 90 min
- Learning Objective: Students use math to solve problems based on science and technology topics
- Learning Standards: Critical thinking, problem solving, team building & communication skills
Space Station Alpha is an interactive distance learning experience where students use video conferencing to communicate with Mission Control located at the Challenger Learning Center in Wheeling, WV. Students are divided into teams (Life Support, Radiation, Crisis Management and Communications) and it is their job to determine how to protect the lives and health of the astronauts aboard Space Station Alpha when a solar flare prevents the exchange of astronauts between the space shuttle and the station.
- e-Missions can be done as a field trip to Wings of Eagles Discovery Center or in a classroom setting
- Done in conjunction with the Challenger Learning Center in Wheeling, WV