- Apply to Volunteer: Download an Application (PDF) or Apply Online
- Volunteer Positions: Tour guides, admissions, gift shop, and more
Volunteering at Wings of Eagles Discovery Center is a rewarding and enjoyable experience. As an organization, we have counted on our faithful and dependable volunteers to make us thrive.
Our need for volunteers continues and we rely on our volunteer staff to perform vital day to day operations.
- We are currently in most need of volunteers in these areas:
- Admissions and Gift Shop
- When working at the Admissions desk you are the face of Wings of Eagles Discovery Center. Duties include greeting guests and receiving payment for entrance into the museum, handling sales for purchases made in the gift shop, answering the phone and possibly light cleaning. All sales require light computer skills with a user friendly program. Admissions volunteers should have a friendly, helpful attitude and be ready to talk to anyone that comes through the door. Admissions volunteers are needed during regular museum hours.
- Docents / Tour Guides
- Docents conduct guided tours of the Discovery Center for groups of students and adults. Docents will study provided materials and accompany other docents on guided tours to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to lead groups. Group sizes may range from 1 to 2 individuals to groups of 30. Docents must be enthusiastic, cheerful and willing to learn. As a Docent, you should have an interest in working with people, especially students, and be willing to become actively involved in the programs of the Discovery Center. Experience or education in military history, engineering, technology, or teaching can be helpful, although not required. Docents are needed during regular museum hours and occasionally for special events occurring at the Discovery Center during non-regular hours.
- Flight Simulator
- As a Flight Simulator volunteer at Wings of Eagles Discovery Center you can soar through the virtual clouds using one of our simulators and share the joy of flight with visitors young and old. Volunteers assist visitors in a one-on-one environment to use hand and foot controls to fly virtual aircraft in simulators based on Microsoft Flight Simulator software. Experience or training as a pilot or teacher can be helpful, although not required. Flight Simulator volunteers are needed during regular museum hours and occasionally for special events occurring at the Discovery Center during non-regular hours.
- Admissions and Gift Shop
- We are also always looking for volunteers in these areas:
- Create and maintain exhibits
- Buildings and grounds maintenance (inside and outside)
- Special events/Dinners set-up and tear down
- Educational Programs
Remember volunteering is for all ages – high school students to seniors.